Sunday 21 February 2010

Some nice climbing but what....

The condition in the Alps are bad, it just keeps snowing and snowing. Not even the Ice climbing is that great since avalanche conditions are sketchy to judge. How ever the last week has offered some nice ice climbing. I did a nice but scary WI6:ish route and then in the spells between the snowing I got some sport climbing done. I'm not in great shape after my finger injury in October last year but its getting there and the finger seams to be heeling alright .

One can only hope the snowing stops and that some of the big routes in the Alps get in good condition so some nice and hard routes can get climbed. I feel really keen to go for some longer routes this winter, like Grand Pillier de Angle or some thing on the South face of MTD like Patagonic.